At a Glance: A live event with Dr. Taylor, to Train Your Mind for more focus, energy and creativity without stress.This training is designed as ½ to 3 day modules depending on the scope and needs of the organization.
Resilience Training Live Events
The Resilience Training address the science of stress as well as resiliency with respect to performance and wellness. The training includes practical exercises and techniques to strengthen skills.
- Overcoming adversity and challenges
- Benefits of increased resilience to stress and conflict
- Manage and decrease stress and anxiety
- Building positive relationships and networking
Our training sessions are meticulously planned and delivered by the founder of the nationally acclaimed, Meditation Specialist Program – Where Science meets Practice – Susan Taylor, PhD. The trainings have been used by the Department of Naval Defense and Medical Establishments and are designed in a manner geared toward the maximization of efficiency. Your time is valuable, so is the goal — to best prepare you and your organization while taking up the least amount of your time possible.
Your training will be designed and implemented by Susan Taylor, PhD. with a total number of sessions that are customized to support your needs.
Who is the Program For?
The Resilience Training has proven essential for individuals, medical practitioners, military personnel and leadership teams from a variety of organizations, including:
- Health care
- Colleges and universities
The Resilience Training offers workshops that are custom designed to fit the needs, goals, and culture of your organization, via meetings, anonymous online surveys, and focus groups.
To request a program or workshop, please use the Contact Us Link
Resilience Training Skill Set
The full Resilience Training includes a set of 3 empirically supported skills that build physical stamina, mental focus, emotional stability, solid relationships and compassionate leadership. The skills are woven throughout each module vary based on the length of the program as well as the needs of the client.
The foundation skill set targets the following competencies that are integrated into each module.
Mental Focus the ability to collect and contain the energy of your mind to navigate the obstacles that cross your path.
Self-Discipline the ability to be systematic and precise to carry out your intentions with the skill to change one’s focus of thoughts, emotions, behaviors and physiology to point you toward a desired result.
Program Teaching Methods
This highly experiential program includes practical learning methodologies backed by evidence based science. Participants will be given the Why, What and How? In all aspects of training due to evidence that understanding the Why, creates the neurological connection needed to sustain a behavior. Participants have extensive opportunities to work with the founder of the program where they practice the resilience skills and receive feedback that tailors the practice to the individuals physio psychological framework.
- Programs include scientific and practical presentations followed by practice groups. In the group presentations, the instructor introduces each concept via lectures, group discussions, demonstrations of the skill, and Q&A.
- Group presentations are followed by practice sessions of about 5- 25 participants per group. Participants have opportunities to experience using the skills through practical exercises (and practice teaching the skills in the train-the-trainer programs step 3), and receive personalized feedback from instructor.
- Individual and partner exercises facilitate skill mastery by enabling participants to practice the resilience skills and identify strategies for immediate application in their personal and professional lives.
- This program has a proven train-the-trainer model, in which we train people how to teach the resilience skills to others. This occurs in Module 3: Conscious Leadership. We have effectively trained medically licensed professionals as trainers and have opened our program to those who have diverse educational and subject matter backgrounds. This module is optional.
- The train-the-trainer model is scalable and sustainable – each trainer we train can teach the resilience skills to others.
Resilience Training for Your Organization
Our Resilience Training has been demonstrated to build focus, sustainable resilience, well-being and quality of life. These regenerative building programs give participants the tools and means to build their resilience from the inside out leading growth and prosperity in their professional and personal life.
Programs are delivered to a wide variety of audiences.
Our trainings are customized to feed the needs, goals and culture of organizations, including:
- Presentations for different needs in your organization. (1 hour – 1 day)
- Executive advisory and consulting to build awareness and support leadership. (1 hour – 1 day)
- Professional development programs for leaders and their followers. (1-3 days)
- Train – the – Trainer programs (up to 5 days)
- Ongoing support the trainers who teach the resilience project modules.
- Ongoing curriculum advisement for those who adopt the program.
- Ongoing advisory and consultation, as needed.
Train-the-Trainer Model is open to those who complete Module 1 and 2 and have incorporated the skill set into their professional role and want to lead others.
Feeling Good Matters: The Yoga of Mind Medicine and Healing
This internationally known teacher, scientist, and prominent author who has been sought by Medical Professionals and the Department of Defense for her training, gives you immediate access to authentic practices that will regenerate your resilience and change the way you live your life.
Feeling Good Matters offers both—the science and the practical tools that each person must navigate to discover the source of inner resilience. Shifting focus for optimal biological expression is key to a rebalanced body, mind, and soul.
Reviews / Testimonials[message type="custom" width="100%" align="right" start_color="#f5f5f5" end_color="#f5f5f5" border="#f5f5f5" color="#777777"]
Overall I had a great experience and only regret was that it wasn't longer!
I attended Resilience training by Dr. Taylor on 8/9/2018. I didn’t have any particular expectation about what I was going to learn. I have been practicing yoga and meditation for years at a beginner level and have always found it to be useful and well..enlightening. Within the first 20 minutes Dr. Taylor was talking about a lot of things I am interested in and I started to get excited. Her teaching method is not just having a discussion with the group, it’s more about what the class is feeling versus following a powerpoint protocol. The first half of the day was focused on finding ways to stay calm within our crazy lives, understanding that our attitude towards things determines our emotions, and some class exercises that taught us a little more about our personalities. The second half of class was meditation training. Dr. Taylor went person by person making sure they were comfortable and ready for the experience. I learned that I should have my hips above my knees when meditating. I normally just sit on the floor but will try this new way next time. Overall I had a great experience and only regret was that it wasn’t longer! There was talk about her coming back for a longer retreat which would be awesome.DOD, Government Employee
I highly recommend Dr. Taylor’s training.
As humans, our minds are constantly reliving the past and planning the future, but unfortunately, not being in the present can also be detrimental to our health. One way organizations are helping employees enhance productivity through the “here and now” is by practicing mindfulness in focus. I highly recommend Dr. Taylor’s training.JS Corporate Leader
I recommend this program for anyone who is interested in rising above the status quo.
While most trainings that I have encountered have intentions of compassion and mindfulness, Dr. Taylor gives the foundation science and tools so that I can make a definitive choice in my lifestyle choices. I did not know that this information existed before hearing it from the founder of the program not an instructor. I recommend this program for anyone who is interested in rising above the status quo as Dr. Taylor mentions. Dr. Taylor’s training is a valuable asset to anyone wanting to feel good and enjoy their work environment.DOD, Government Employee
Video Clips from Resilience Training with Susan Taylor, PhD
Founder and Executive Director, Susan Taylor, PhD.
Susan Taylor was fortunate early on in life to have been trained in a tradition rooted in self-knowledge and self-discovery. After decades of western study, including the rigorous discipline to earn a masters and PhD in science she decided to continue with her early studies and traveled throughout India and Tibet while continuing to write and teach over the next three decades. As a trained scientist and meditation practitioner, her focus continues to be on the vital connection between mind, medicine and healing – bridging the gap between evidence-based science and the healing practices of the Himalayan masters. This healing methodology defines her personal journey, “Where Science Meets Practice” and serves as the foundation for Focused Awareness Meditation.